- Learn a practical visual language to describe, challenge and design business models.
- Practice how to describe and disrupt business models.
- Learn how to question/come up with new business models within your strategy process.
- Learn from multiple examples around the world, from Fortune 500 companies to social entrepreneurship start-ups.
- Prototype innovative business models using design thinking tools.
While many organisations in the GCC have had a stable model for a number of years, the dynamics of the market and environment have shifted significantly making their current business model unsuitable if not obsolete. The financial crisis, globalisation, digitisation, information access and changing customer behavior have exacerbated market forces and created a different playing field. It is with a sense of urgency and resolve that many organisations are seeking new, innovative business models. During this practical workshop, ShiftIN makes use of the “Business Model Canvas”, a systematic and practical tool to think about strategy and business model innovation. Break existing models and design new business models that can open up new markets and reach different audiences is the theme. ShiftIN will explain how to use the canvas to innovate and start developing new business models for the future.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for anyone looking for hands on tools to apply to their business model, regardless of if you are in the public or private sector. You could be a business owner, senior executive, strategy manager, innovation manager, entrepreneur, business coach, freelance or a student. This course will provide you with the knowledge needed to defy outmoded business practices of your organisation and define new ones that will give you a competitive advantage.